Iman Academy & Al Ihsan Education Foundation
Study part-time and enjoy full flexibility
Islam Comprehension Program
Islamic Comprehensive Program Covers the following
Islamic Principle & Aqida
Does any of the following apply to you?
I want to learn clear facts from Qurʾān and hadith without being confused.
I want to learn from authentic sources.
I love my religion but cannot afford the expensive Islamic courses being offered today.
I want to be able to give daʿwah, lectures, write about Islam, or even teach.
I am interested in learning Arabic, Qurʾān, Hadith, Fiqh, Principles of Deen and Sirah.
I would like the option of studying Islam online live with an actual teacher.
I would like to have enough knowledge of Islam to base my entire life on Islamic teachings.
Start Your Learning Journey Today
Islam Comprehensive (iComp) is an intensive part-time two-year diploma program which aims to give the student a deep and broad understanding of Islam. It covers a vast range of subjects and topics, and provides an in-depth study of the following:
- Islamic Principles and Aqida
Knowledge of these fundamental branches of knowledge will bring the student into an intimate interaction with the sources of Islamic knowledge. The textbooks and study material are rigorously authentic, comprehensive and engaging.
This may be the solution that thousands of Muslims have been waiting for!
How to Attend Classes?
- Arabic grammar including etymology and morphology
- Understand Arabic sentence structure.
- Learn words to speak and understand Quran & Hadith.
- Learn verbs and morphology.
- Translate from Arabic to English and English to Arabic.
- Form basic sentences
- Conduct basic conversations in Arabic.
Translation, understanding background (sabab al-nuzūl) and message of verses, basic commandments and lessonsThe following sections and chapters of the Quran are covered:
- Sura Baqara
- Juz 30
- Surah Yusuf*
- Surah al-Kahf*
Verses of commandments pertaining to worship, purification, marriage, divorce, business, earning, halal & haram (Ayaat al-Ahkam)
* May be modified based on scheduling needs
- Textbook 1– Knowledge and System of Beliefs: Existence and Attributes of Allah, Prophethood, Hereafter, Taqdīr, The Qurʾān, Angels, Ṣaḥāba, Iman, Islam, Ihsān/Tazkiya, Hypocrisy, Shirk, Knowledge of the unseen, Sunnah, Innovations, Physical and metaphysical phenomena, Contagious diseases, Evil eye, Ruqya (incantations), Punishment in the grave
- Textbook 2– Akhlāq, Nikāḥ, Ṭalāq, Rights of Husband and Wife, Oaths, Pledges, Waqf Endowments, Sales and Financial Transactions, Agency, Guarantees, Interest, Partnerships, Trusts, Borrowing, Loans, Mortgages, Gifts, Testimony, Slaughtering, Hunting, Etiquettes, Ḥalāl & harām
- Fiqh of Nikah
- Fiqh of Business
- The Muslim Creed: A study of the famous al-ʿAqīda al-Ṭahāwiyya
- The Book of Allah: in-depth study of revelation, its types, history of preservation of the Qurʾān, the Seven Readings, science of tafsīr, authentic tafsīrs
- Authority of hadith and sunnah: a look into the status and significance of sunnah, Prophetic authority in law-making and explanation of the Qurʾān, refutation of those who challenge the authority of hadith, history of hadith preservation, science of hadith
- Differences of the Ummah: a detailed study of the history of ikhtilāf, and reasons behind differences in fiqh rulings
- The Madhāhib: Reality of the 4 schools of fiqh, ijtihād, status of a madhhab in Islam
- Life in Arabica before the Prophethood of Muhammad (SAW)
- The corruption of the Arab society leading up to Islam’s emergence.
- The beginning of Islam and its profound effect on society.
- Islam in Makkah and its transition to Madina.
- How Islam evolved and prevailed over the world and what struggles were faced on the way.
- The demise of the beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and the teachings left behind to continue the spread of Islam.
- Important historic events
- Lifestyle, traits, habits, likes and dislikes of the Prophet (saw)
Course outlines are made available to provide an overall idea of what will be taught. Modifications may be made based on scheduling needs.
As-Salamu ‘Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh
Iman Academy and Al Ihsan Foundation are pleased to announce the launch of Islamic Comprehensive – FIQH Class for anyone seeking to gain authentic Islamic knowledge while Studying part-time and enjoying full flexibility. A program designed for Brothers and Sisters range from High Schools students to Adults.
Subject Overview :
- Fiqh of Nikah
- Fiqh of Business
Feb to Mary 2023
Tuesday & Thursdays
7:30 PM – 9:30 PM EST
Classes begin Feb 7 – Join us on Feb 7,2023 at Masjid Darul Iman
The course is for individuals who have a general knowledge of Islam and would like to further their understanding.
For the Arabic Comprehensive course, students should be able to read Quranic Arabic. All other courses are taught in English only.
The program is open to males and females aged 13+
*There are no course prerequisites for this program
Assignments and Tests
Exams will take place on the weekend following the last day of each course. Revision questions, assignments and homework will be given regularly.
The student should be prepared to dedicate 2-4 hours per week outside of class to study and complete assignments.
Dedication, punctual attendance, revision, completion of homework are expected from all students.
This program is taught using a collection of books compiled exclusively for iComp, as well as external resources.
All texts will be provided to students in ebook format, free of charge.
Hard copies of select texts may be available for purchase.
Please contact us for more information.
Special discounts and financial aid may be available if required. Please contact us for more info
All religious tuition is tax-deductible.
Fees are $400 per course, payable in a lump sum or in four $100 monthly installments.
15% Discounts apply to students and seniors.
Fees for at least the first month are due upon registration, and are required to confirm your enrollment.
If the fees for multiple courses (three or more) are paid in advance, a 10% discount will be applied to the total amount.
*Please note that once a student attends any portion of a course, fees for that entire course are due whether the student continues the program or not
Mufti Aasim Rashid
Mufti Aasim Rashid is a Muslim scholar, educator, public speaker, author, and community leader. He grew up in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, and embarked on a lengthy journey to seek Islamic knowledge. He has since devoted his life to imparting knowledge, wisdom, and motivation to the masses. He has delivered lectures around the world and served numerous communities, making substantial contributions wherever he has served.
Mufti Zeeshan M. Kasmiduddin
Mufti Zeeshan M. Kasmiduddin was born and raised in Toronto, Canada. With the blessing of Allah, at the age of 9 he commenced the memorization of the Holy Quran in Toronto under the tutelage of the late honourable Qari Mahmood Patel. He became a Hafiz at the early age of 11. After studying at the prestigious University of Toronto, the entrenching desire to strengthen his faith took him to Hyderabad, India, where he pursued formal Islamic authorizations for 8 years. It was a rigorous curriculum covering the Arabic language, literature, Islamic jurisprudence, Tafsir of the Holy Quran, Hadith, Islamic philosophy and Aqeedah. Thereafter, he was selected for a post graduate level course in Islamic law and legal verdicts which he completed in 2 years to gain the title of a Mufti.
If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch with our team.
We will do our best to get back to you within 24 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
The courses in the iComp Program were originally extracted from the Aalim Course, and were abridged to form a shorter program. The aim of creating the iComp Program was to make these teachings available for brothers and sisters who had other full-time commitments such as work or school. Completing the iComp diploma program will not certify you an Islamic scholar or authority.
As this program was designed for individuals with full-time commitments, the course load outside of class time is quite light. Besides the time when you are studying for the test which takes place at the end of each course, you will not be expected to give more than 2-4 hours per week for studying or assignments.
We understand that most of our students have other full-time commitments which may cause them to sometimes miss class. It is for this very reason that on a weekly bases, we provide our students with video recordings of all the classes. These videos may be used to make up for any missed class as well as for revision purposes.
- Yes you can! The Islam Comprehensive diploma program consists of 6 courses, which are taught in a continuous cycle. This means you have two options:
- If some classes have already passed, you can join in from the start of the next course, which will be within the coming 3-4 months. Since the classes are taught in a continuous cycle, you will be able to complete the courses you missed when they come around again.
- If only a few classes of a course have passed when you wish to register, you may still register and catch up on the missed classes using video recordings of every class session.
The iComp Program is made up of six courses, lasting approximately 3-4 months each. You have the option the complete as many courses as you wish. You can stop after any number of courses, and come back later if you wish to complete the full diploma.
We have numerous options available for financial assistance. Our priority is always to provide authentic Islamic knowledge to anyone interested. Please contact our financial department at [email protected] for more information.
The Islam Comprehensive Program was first launched in 2010. To date, Alhamdulillah, we have had five batches of 100+ students successfully complete the diploma program.